Friday, April 5, 2013

We. Are. D-d-d-d- Dancing Dolls!



(I apologize in advance as I made this blog post on a rainy day while on vacation, and the keyboard is awful so there may be some awful typos.)

Okay, so, I've debated making this blog post for a while (not so much debated making it as procrastinating when) but I have been given the most amazing boost EVER to make this post.




This screencap shows me tweeting my favorite member of the fantastic group Dancing Dolls, and then her replying to me. So far, my most exciting idol experience yet xD I had a bit of a mini heart attack, ran in circles a bit, and then went off to tell everyone- most of whom couldn't care less. xD
Still, the fact that she replied and replied in English (since I said I was an American fan) it was really cute and meant a lot to me. Like, whether she appreciated my tweet or didn't, either way, she didn't have to acknowledge it. But she did. She thanked me, and an idol who takes to time to reach out to fans is pretty much the coolest.


So I want to tell you all about the fantaaaaastic group that is Dancing Dolls.

Sadly, there is a serious lack of information/videos on this group, so there isn't LOADS I can give you, However, what I can tell you is defnitely worth reading because they are extremely interesting, so please do read on :)

Dancing Dolls is a 5-member girl group of girls who are all childhood friends. (I love that about them, personally. Makes them more interesting and also gives them a bit of a more genuine feel somehow? More natural or something. xD) The members from left to right are (I believe): Asuka, Misaki, Hono, Mii, and Kyoka. I'm positive on who everyone is except for Asuka and Kyoka, who are twins, and can still be hard for me to tell apart at times. (Girl group with twins- somehow also really cool. xD)

Anyway, they are all childhood friends and decided themselves to form the group. They formed in 2011 and were performing on streets, in parks, and having small one-man lives at the time. They even wrote and composed their songs themselves! The choreography for their songs is also orignal, and choreographed by group member Misaki. They are extremely talented dancers, and began doing dance covers on NicoNico, as well as song covers, and doing original dances to songs.

Here they are covering a GUMI song, with Mii singing the vocals and Misaki having choreographed the dance:

Here they are covering "Life Reset Button" with all of them doing some of the vocals and, again, Misaki having choreographed the dance:


In September of 2012, they released their debut single- a double a-side "Touch -A.S.A.P.- / Shanghai Darling". Both songs were covers, though the b-side, Meromero Bakkyun" was an original song. Their second single, "Wangan Wonder Darling / Rasberry Love", was released at the end of January and had one cover on it, "Hello" which is a cover of YUI's "HELLO ~Paradise Kiss~". The rest are original songs.

Here are the three music videos they have so far:

The above one is my personal favorite song, and probably video as well. Mii is such a star, she has a great presence! And Misaki is rocking that dance beyond words. She's too cool! Everyone looks really cool here and the song is great *_*

This above MV is a bit odd...but at least you won't forget it :P Don't let the strange MV turn you off, though- the girls look fabulous and the song is so catchy! They sound fantastic.



This MV is from their most recent release and is reall fun. The girls are really cool and full of attitude in it. Definitely a fun watch, and a great song!
I highly reccomend buying their singles if you like them! All the songs are really great, and the girls deserve so much support.

Touch - A.S.A.P. - / Shanghai Darling / Dancing Dolls
Wangan Wonder Darling / Raspberry Love / Dancing Dolls



The twins, Asuka and Kyouka, also seemed to have been their own dance unit before Dancing Dolls and were called "Asukyo". They do a lot of really cute dances, so I suggest checking out some of this as well:




Now I'm going to share with you some different ways to follow and keep up-to-date with Dancing Dolls or just learn more about them!
Dancing Dolls official website (I highly reccommend watching their DDTV videos- especially if you understand some Japanese!): http://dancingdolls.jp/
Dancing Dolls Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dancingdolls5
And, for some individual member stuff:

Asukyo:
Niconico Community: http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co1271479
Asuka Twitter:  twitter.com/asukyo_asuka
Kyouka Twitter: twitter.com/asukyo_kyoka

Hono:
Niconico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/31862722
Twitter: twitter.com/honoon2

Mii:
Niconico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/30930811
Twitter: twitter.com/mii_dd

Misaki:
NicoNico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/32023471
Twitter: twitter.com/dd_misaki

All in all, Dancing Dolls is a really talented, really interesting group of girls with some great music, and I highly recommend looking into them and following them as much as you can! Whenever they release/announce something new, I will be sure to blog about it, because I really like them and there is also a major lack of information on them out there. If you want more Dancing Dolls videos, pictures, music, or have any questions about them, be sure to leave a comment! I'll definitely be happy to give you more :)


No comments:

Post a Comment