Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hop☆Step☆JUMP! and Grab Your Dreams!

Today is a Fairies blog post, which I am really excited to do considering Fairies is my #2 idol group- I lovelovelove Fairies <3

My friend pointed out that my blog title, Hop☆Step☆JUMP!, now isn't only a Buono reference, but a Fairies reference as well! :D So that's why I used the lyrics to their song "Hero" as the title of this post~


Fairies started as a 7-member group, but as of January 17th, are down to a 6-member group. (Which kills me inside, as Kawane was fantastic and the first girl in Fairies to catch my attention.) The members are as follows:



                  Shimomura Miki, Age 14   Hayashida Mahiro, Age 14     Fujita Miria, Age 14


  

                   Ito Momoka, Age 15          Nomoto Sora, Age 15            Inoue Rikako, Age 16


Fairies have a very cool, mature sort of image, and seriously rock it. Here is an example, with my personal favorite single by them, "Beat Generation":



However, they are able to pull of  cuter, more typical idol style as well, when they want, and still manage to really stand out! Here is an example with "Sweet Jewel":


Now, one thing that clearly should stand out when you watch Fairies is their dancing. Dancing is sort of Fairies gimmick- they are definitely a dance group, and they are really good at it! They are tight and strong with ll their moves, and very exact and synchronized. In their first single, they all did  double pirouette! I'd never seen an idol group try something like that, so I was definitely impressed. As a dancer, this group appeals to me a lot.
Every member is a good dancer and they are capable of many different styles, and each girl has their specialties. Sora, with 7 years of 'lock' dancing is a fantastic hip-hopper and also handles the more dramatic jazz moves very well. Miria and Rikako are very good with body movements more so than arms and feet, though they can do all of that, and are just generally very charming while they dance- it's easy to be drawn to them. Mahiro joined the group having more difficulties with the dances, but quickly stepped up and is now very capable of participating in whatever kind of dance necessary, and has gotten much better with arm movements. Momoka and Miki would have to be the two all-around best dancers, easily handling any style and really shining while dancing, whatever it may be.

I find these girls all so charming and enjoyable to watch. Here are some of my favorite Fairies dance performances below:





These dance videos are all from their tv show Harajuku Kirakira Gakuin. They didn't only dance on their show, though. They also did covers of old songs from (mostly) the 80's- in English! Though their accents are pretty strong, the covers are really enjoyable and rather impressive. The vocals are great and they have original choreography for each song. Interested? Check out a couple of their covers below:




Fairies is full of such cute, talented girls. The only thing I ever wished was maybe a little different with Fairies is tat three members who hardly sing- Miria, Miki, and Mahiro- would get some lines. Well, now, it has been announced Fairies is going to have a unit called M3 made up of just those three! Fairies will still exist no differently, but now these three girls have another place to shine as well. I'm really really excited for it! 
We've now gotten a preview of M3's first single, Yumemiru Dancing Doll, which will release on March 27th. It's very different from Fairies usual sound, but very fun, cute, and extremely addicting!


Both the look and sound have a cute little retro feel. On first look/play I was a little skeptical, but now I can't stop playing this short preview over and over! I have high hopes for this unit, and will definitely be purchasing this single. If you like Fairies, or these members, or the song- you should, too!



There are still a couple first press versions left, which come with a bonus photo, so grab it while you can!
The DVD on the CD+DVD version has the Music Video on it, the Making Of of the music video, as well as "10 minute recording footage" or something like that, not 100% sure what it's supposed to mean, to be honest. xD
The CD+PB version comes with a 28-page photo book of the girls. Definitely worth grabbing! 

I hope this post got you a bit interested in Fairies, and I hope some of you are as excited for M3's single as I am and maybe think of purchasing it! :D Thanks for reading~

4 comments:

  1. Fairies is fantastic and I'm totally looking forward to M3!

    I was so shocked they were an idol group and not a dance/vocal group. They're so talented it's crazy. HERO was the first song to capture my attention and I listened to it when the video first came out and instantly I was hooked to the group. They're awesome. I'm introducing a friend to J-Pop and Fairies is the first group I'm having them listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asu ni HOP STEP JUMPFebruary 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM

    Your blog title also works with The Possible's debut single !!

    How am I supposed to reply to this, you didn't add questions.
    Miki's the cutest and bestest little Fairy. M3's song is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is NyNy from H!O! I didn't realise this was your blog, I've commented before :)

    A shame a Fairies member left but the group is growing on me, they are pretty cool and their dancing is on point! I'm going to learn White Angel because that is a cool dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi NyNy! :D
      It is sad about Kawane, but I'm so glad the group is growing on you. Fairies is really an amazing group with so much talent and adorable and fun girls. If you have a twitter you may want to check them out on there, each girl has their own and posts really cute blog pictures <3

      And that's awesome! White Angel is such a cool and fun dance

      Delete